SubmitToDeadline, a tool that submits Houdini jobs to Deadline managed renderfarms.
Available Now: https://www.orbolt.com
Who is it for:
If you’re a Houdini freelancer or a mid-sized studio and you are looking to use Houdini on the renderfam in the most productive and painless way, and your renderfarm is managed with Thinkbox’s Deadline software then SubmitToDeadline is for you.
SubmitToDeadline is fully integrated into Houdini, self contained in a tidy python houdini digital asset, quite powerful and handles all sort of dependencies automatically.
It basically has the same features and functionality of proprietary solutions seen at big vfx studios.
– Matches features of in-house houdini submitters seen at big visual effects facilities
– it’s been designed to solve real production needs by a veteran with 15+years of highend production experience
– There is nothing like it available on the market
– Proven to increase productivity
– Successfully proven production experience at an award winning vfx studio in London
-Self contained Houdini Digital Asset
-Automatic handle of all sort of dependencies
-Solid algorythm to traverse networks and build accurate dependencies
-All common rops are supported (currently excluding ‘fetch’)
-Dependencies on a per-job basis
-Mantra rops are submitted as two jobs (ifd and mantra)
-Mantra sub-job dependencies on a per-frame basis
SubmitToDeadline is available in two versions:
-With compiled code available at orbolt
-With editable source code (python) available here